Tuesday 17 February 2009

I have finally finished the second block of Verandah Views and I'm now looking forward to the next installment.
Our trip with the Historic Car Club to the Gelato factory on Sunday was well worth the drive. They gave us a guided tour of the plant and then we all enjoyed taste testing the product. If anyone is in the Molong area, make sure you make a detour to the Gelato factory. They have a nice little coffee shop with good coffee and a great selection of gelato and sorbet. They also sell macadamia paste (like peanut butter) that they grind on the premises. Delicious.
We were lucky with the weather after all. It was cool but dry, so we all were able to enjoy a picnic lunch. I was slack and forgot to take any photos of the gelato - too busy eating it!!

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your VV blocks are wonderful! I`ve saved the instructions because I really want to do the Bunny Hill Basket BOM and the Country Calender BOM as they come out each month. That and trying to finish at least one project per month.
Phew! Sounds like a lot. I`ll be posting the RD blocks as I complete them, now there`s 4 of them to do ....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your block looks great, these are so much fun to stitch...I didn't know there was a Gelato factory near Molong I will have to check that one out...