Saturday 18 April 2009

A New Project

Our patchwork group has their meeting this afternoon and I didn’t have anything on the go to take with me (well, not any hand sewing). So, what is a girl to do? Start something new!!

My friend Cath and I went to Canberra for Floriade last September (while the boys went motorcycling to Broken Hill for the week) and while there we visited the Bus Shed Markets. We found some beautiful yarn and so both had to buy some (in different colourways) to make a scarf each. The idea is to knit five rows of the mohair and then two rows of the boucle. The sample was knitted with the length of the scarf on the needles, but I can’t estimate how many stitches, so I am just knitting it in the usual fashion. It shouldn’t take too long to finish as it is on12 mm needles.

It will be a good project for this afternoon as I won’t have to concentrate too much, which can be a problem with all the chatting that goes on:>)

2 comments:

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Janice! Just popping in to say ... YOU WON!! You are one of the winners of a Tag Along Teddies pattern in my pattern launch give-away! Pop on over to my blog to see which pattern you won and as soon as you email me your snail mail address, I'll have it winging its way to you. CONGRATULATIONS! Bear Hugs! KRIS

loulee said...

Oooh! I like nice simple projects like that. It's just been confirmed. I have days off during TT week and I'm looking forward to meeting you folks.