Thursday 30 April 2009

Warm Fuzzies

I have so much to tell, I don’t know where to start…..I suppose first things first:>)

When I arrived home today there was a parcel waiting for me. I’m actually looking forward to three parcels (which doesn’t often happen here – usually it’s bills). This was a box shape so I guessed correctly that it came from the lovely Cam of Curlypops. I was the super lucky lady to win her recent giveaway of a vintage unstitched doiley in a pretty, old cardboard box she found at the op shop.


Mick had a go at me for taking photos before I unwrapped it. He was telling me to “Just open it!” and “For goodness sakes, just cut the string.” I just told him “It is a girl thing!”

The doiley is a real cutie. I have several old unstitched doilies, so I don’t know whether to stitch this one or add it to the collection…either way, I will really treasure it. There was also some old stranded embroidery thread and white brodre thread in the box. The brodre thread would be great for hand quilting instead of perle.



I thought I would just show you a peak of my old stranded cotton cabinet that I have had for a few years now (sitting on an old doiley, of course). I have some lovely old threads hiding inside.


Then, once I had unpacked the groceries, I checked my emails and there was one from Jenny of Elefantz. I had been waiting for this with baited breath. Jenny was my Redwork Cushion Swap Partner. This swap was arranged by Maree of On My Verandah and was super secret.

It was with relief that I learnt that my parcel arrived safely and most importantly that Jenny liked her gift.


I enjoyed making the cushion and used some of my vintage buttons to jazz up the back.



Visit Jenny’s blog to see her photos (clearer than mine) and to participate in the new block of the month she is hosting. This is one very talented lady.

This was the first swap I have participated in and it was fun. I hope to have another go in the future.

Then, finally, on Sunday I finished another project for the month of April. This is my scarf, which grew to be more of a wrap. It is so wide that if it is really cold it will wrap over my head and keep my ears warm. Anyway, I love the way it turned out. The yarn has such lovely subtle colour variations and using the boucle just gave it some nice texture.



Now I want to make another scarf that is more like a scarf, if you get my drift.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I know how you feel.. receiving all the goodies in the mail. That doily is wonderful.. it looks mint, and even has the instructions. What a beautiful prize! And I like your redwork cushion too. Swaps are fun. But scary!

Thanks for visiting.. my Tea Swap partner is from down your way.. at least on the same continent! :-)

CurlyPops said...

Your cabinet is so beautiful. What a treasure!