Monday 27 February 2012

SKOW – Making Progress – Don’t You Just Love a Wet Sunday

This weekend was much quieter for us.  Mick had to work on Saturday, so I just stayed home and pottered.  I’d planned to spend the afternoon making sashings for the SKOW quilt, but it didn’t happen.  I did, however, make a yummy baked lemon cheesecake from this recipe, cooked perfect poached eggs using Lucy’s tutorial (yes, I am probably the only person that didn’t know of the magic of vinegar) and had my first foray into jewellery making, but more on that another day.

Sunday was to be spent with my Dad at the Sofala Show, which is a great little country show, while Mick was still at work.  However, it started to rain, so that idea was cancelled.  Therefore, I had a lovely wet day to spend sewing and having friends around to help eat the yummy cheesecake.  Mick even had to knock off early due to the weather, so he could also enjoy a lazy wet Sunday.  It was so nice to actually stay home for the entire weekend.

So, what did I achieve….

I made all the sashings, except for the top row, which needs a stitchery to be completed.  December is completed.

February 2012 SKOW Dec 003 - Copy

February 2012 SKOW Dec 005 - Copy

February 2012 SKOW Dec 004 - Copy

As is January.

001 - Copy

004 - Copy

Like everyone else, I have found it hard to get a photo once it was all sewn together.

February 2012 SKOW Dec & Jan 001 - Copy

February 2012 SKOW Dec & Jan 003 - Copy

February 2012 SKOS Dec & Jan 002 - Copy

February 2012 SKOW Dec & Jan 005 - Copy

My plan was to be up to date by the end of February – I still have 2 days to go, but it is not looking very promising.  Then again, if I really make an effort….we’ll see.

5 comments:

Anita said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful blocks..........glad you had a nice raining sunday.........

Fiona said...

love rainy days .... and your blocks look so lovely.. perfect colour choice.
Hugz

Kate said...

I am very impressed with those blocks. They look so professional!

Kylie said...

Your blocks look lovely xxx