Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Day

Today is a quiet day, just me at home alone.  Quite a contrast to Christmas Day, when we had twelve for lunch, and yesterday, when we went up to Lake Canobolas at Orange for another family get together with those who couldn’t make it on Christmas day.

The best Christmas gift was cool weather and some lovely, soaking rain.

Santa was kind to everyone.  My Mum heard a little birdy say that I may just like to receive this book.  I’m looking forward to making something from it in the New Year.

December 2012 Christmas 019

The grand finale of present opening was my gift from Berit in Norway.

December 2012 Christmas 003

Firstly, there was the little man, who is now sitting by my teeny Christmas tree.  Is he a troll?  I’m not sure, but he is very cute.

December 2012 Christmas 017

The main gift was a lovely redwork table runner. 

December 2012 Christmas 013

This could not have been planned better, as when I was setting up for Christmas I decided  that I would have to make a Christmassy redwork runner for Grandma’s dresser that lives in my dining room. Doesn’t it look festive, but still ideal for any time of the year. The workmanship is beautiful and the length – well I’m sure Berit must have been here taking measurements, it is perfect.

December 2012 Christmas 016

There was also a tasty little treat to eat as well.  So, all in all, I was extremely spoilt.

December 2012 Christmas 018

Another gift from the Northern Hemisphere was this cute Advent Calendar card from Loulee.  Not having kids, this was the first Advent Calendar we’ve ever had and we had fun opening all the little windows during the month of December.

December 2012 Christmas 020

There is one other sweet gift that I haven’t shared as yet.  This came from one of my friends from my little stitching group here in town.

December 2012 Christmas 022

The owl’s wings open up to reveal a needle case and pincushion.  The little purse is just the right size for loyalty cards.

December 2012 Christmas 023

And……when you turn the owl over, there is a handy pocket for scissors and quick unpick (not that I would ever need one of those…Ha ha ha).

December 2012 Christmas 024

It was a very clever little gift.

So now I am looking forward to a few peaceful days at home before heading back to work after New Year’s.  Mick, on the other hand, is back into it today, with long hot days each day for the next week, poor fellow.

8 comments:

Klarafina said...

I am so glad you liked the table runner. The green glass is lovely :) I wish you a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year!

Fiona said...

sounds like a lovely chirstmas.. the table runner is lovely as are all the other gifts.... great to have had rain.. we had a bit too!
Hugz

Susan said...

You will find lots to make in Red Home, it's a beautiful book. Your table runner is a perfect fit for the dresser, and beautiful for Christmas and all year round. Enjoy your few days off.

Anita said...

What a beautiful table runner! and perfect for your dresser! The owl sewing thingy is so cute!

Chookyblue...... said...

the Red Home book will sure be used soon........it's a great book...

...lovely parcel from your SSCS partner Berit and it looks lovely on the sideboard.........

glad you had a great time with family.......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love all your gifts Janice....

Anthea said...

Hello Janice what a stunning runner you've been sent for SSCS, and the other gifts are great too, Red Home sure is popular.
The owl sewing helper is super-cute, very clever!
visiting from the SSCS list

Anonymous said...

All lovely gifts that you received Janice.