Tuesday 8 January 2013

What I sent for SSCS

I haven’t had a chance to share what I sent to Berglind for Chooky’s Secret Santa Christmas Swap.  It was fun sending a parcel to Iceland.  Even the lady in the Post Office commented that it was the first mail that she had ever sent there.

Firstly, I made the Christmas decoration using Gail Pan’s great little pattern.

November 2012 015

Then I made a table runner similar to one I had made for me a couple of years ago.  I loved it so much and I thought that a similar one would suit Berglind’s home.

November 2012 028

It was fun taking photos, as it is such a happy piece.

November 2012 041

I also made the sewing case out of Anni Downs’ book “Some Kind of Wonderful” and am pleased with how it turned out.

November 2012 050

A fun little parcel to send to the other side of the world.

November 2012 061

You must pop over to Berglind’s post as she has taken much better photos than I and you can also see the lovely gift that she made for Cathy.

7 comments:

Susan said...

They are such great gifts Janice. I love the style of your table runner.....might borrow that idea. I'm sure the weather in Iceland is quite different to what we're having! Hope you're fairing ok.

Tracy said...

Lovely gifts Janice. Iceland sounds like the place to be.

Fiona said...

Those are just lovely gifts you made and sent...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

that was a beautiful parcel to send for the SSCS............

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful presents you sent Janice :)

Berglind said...

Lucky me!! The bag is full of yarn and needles and the scarf I'm kniting... just perfect :)
Thank you again!

Bec said...

Gorgeous gifts! You would be proud - I have a linen dress here ready to cut up to make this bag! It was given to me for free, even better! Your bag looks fantastic and the prints in the tablerunner are so lovely, bright and cheerful!