Thursday 5 January 2017

2016 in Review - Part 4

Here is the final installment of 2016.  I find these summaries quite handy to look back on, so here goes.

OCTOBER


Firstly, we continued on our trip back from Melbourne with our new caravan.  We enjoyed visiting Hay.


I continued to work away on my sampler blocks.  Sadly, these are the last two that I have completed at this stage.  There are five more to do, plus I want to make one more so that I can  make a square quilt to suit our bed.  


Mick got the vege gardens all done and planted as well as getting the paths gravelled.  He was so happy to have no more dirt in the yard.  The garden continued to bloom.


At the end of the month we visited the open gardens, as we do every year and were inspired to keep working in our yard.

NOVEMBER


Not a lot to show for November.  Mick put the finishing touches on our gardens, and it is so nice to now be able to enjoy them.

We went over to Gulgong to the Swap Meet, playing the tourist at Sofala and Rylstone along the way.

I completed and sent my SSCS gift to Marica in Sweden.

In the background we were working hard to get Mum's house ready for sale.  It kept us quite busy.

DECEMBER


We had fun decorating the house for Christmas and putting up some fairy lights.


My SSCS parcel arrived from Steffi in Germany and I made a Christmas place mat for Mum.


On the day after Boxing Day we went for a drive.  I'll do a separate post on that shortly.

Which brings us to the end of the year.

Last year I commented that we had done much more than we realised.  This year I feel exactly the same.  We are really pleased with what we (okay, 99% Mick) achieved in the back yard.  There is more we want to do, but there is no urgency now.  I had forgotten so many of the little things, the fun things.  We also realise why we always seemed to be busy....we were.

Hopefully, 2017 will not be quite as hectic, and we can enjoy our new home and get to use the bikes and caravan a bit more, but who knows.  I'll tell you in twelve months time when I do the next wrap up.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It's so wonderful having a blog to jog our memories! Trips, sewing and all those other things you have done along the way. Your gardens are looking wonderful, you have done such a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice i love this post you fitted so much in and Mick has done a mighty job of the garden,thankyou for sharing xx