Wednesday 2 April 2008

Bow Bags Day





Today I thought I'd start to show some photos of recent sewing things I have done. Over time I hope to get quite a few things displayed here.

Just before Christmas my friend Cath and her daughter Beth came over for the day and we had a bag making day. We used Monica Poole's "Bow Bag" pattern and made the larger version. I had already made one in brown and black and used a vintage black buckle rather than a bow as I prefer a more tailored look.

Cath made on in an olive green paisley and Beth made one in more shabby chic colours. On the day I made one using a cat newspaper print and omitted the bow band altogether. I didn't get mine finished on the day.

We were really happy with the way they turned out and it was great to see the different interpretations of the one pattern.

Cath went on to make another bow bag, this time in soft beige colours, the lighter colouring has been ideal to carry during the summer months.

No comments: