Saturday 3 January 2009

Red Delicious Started

I've finally made a start on Red Delicious. Yesterday I traced all the pieces for Blocks 1 and 2 and fused them to the background. I'd forgotten how time consuming this is, thank goodness I am on holidays. I am just using machine blanket stitch applique and have completed most of Block 1. I will try to get the rest of the applique on both blocks done today. Then I will just have the hand stitching details to complete, which shouldn't take too long. At least they will be finished before Block 3 is released on the 15th. I'm looking forward to seeing what "Love Apples" looks like.

Our two cats have been hastled most nights lately by a feral ginger tom cat and as a consequence have both had trips to the vets with abscesses. We have borrowed a cat trap and after just two nights have caught the cat. It was a monster..... and cranky!!!! It has now been disposed of and the local pet cats and native wildlife will be much better off for it's demise.

We have done the last of the organising for Dad's party and today will see most of our relatives arrive in town. They all have quite a distance to travel. Many will be traveling over 1000 kms for one day before returing home. It will be good to see them all. A few cousins are coming that I have only met a few times in my life and probably won't even recognise. We didn't expect as many to come, so are delighted.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Janice...Great Blog you have and Lucky You to have Hatched & Patched as your local patchwork shop...Anni is one of my all time favs....
Your Red Delicious looks Great.....bring on no: 3..
cheers

Anonymous said...

They look great. I have a small collection of red put to one side for this project. Hopefully I'll be joining in soon. Loulee xx