Wednesday 21 January 2009

View from my Verandah

We had some storms in our area this evening (we were on the very edge and only got a spit) and then the sun came out. The colours were spectacular. This is the view looking east from our verandah. The photo doesn't do it justice.
The sun was streaming into our lounge room and the glass in my "grown up cabinet" (no toys, cars, sewing bits and pieces in here - only grown up collectables like glassware and china) was just sparkling.

By the way, I don't collect amber glass!


A little bit later the sun wasn't as bright, but a double rainbow appeared. Beautiful.

On another note, tonight I made a call to the Isle of Man and confirmed our accommodation in Castletown. All is finalised now except the hire car. I'll look into that fairly soon. It's only 4 months till we go. I can't wait.




2 comments:

loulee said...

Wow!! 4 months? Email me and we'll meet up for a cuppa and a chat. It would be cool to meet you.

Sandi said...

Lovely photos! You certainly live in a beautiful area. Great collection of glassware - very sparkly.