Sunday 22 February 2009

Guess what? We stayed at home today!! We haven't had a day at home for weeks and weeks.

It was a good catch up day. My friend Cath always has a go about my overflowing ironing baskets and gave me this plaque for my birthday a few days ago. Well, my ironing will never be up to date, but it is very much under control for a change and the washing was completely up to date until Mick added his dirty work clothes from today.
Did you notice my little quilting sculpture peeking out from behind the plaque. Mick gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I love it.

I didn't get any of Mick's bookwork done, so therefore got no stitching done either, but that is OK as I was doing other more pressing things.

Yesterday we went to the Oberon Steam and Vintage Festival which is run in conjunction with the local Show. They had a street parade and then lots to do at the show. We ran into lots of people we knew for a chat which was nice. By adding the Steam Festival to the show it has been invigorated, as like many small shows it has been struggling in recent years.

On Saturday night we attended the welcome dinner for the event which had Pat Drummond as the entertainer. It was a really good night and a couple of our Club members received awards which was great for them.

No comments: