Monday 9 March 2009

More Journal Covers

I've fallen in love with these journal covers and keep thinking of other variations that could be done. These are from a heavier cotton furnishing fabric. I used a 4 inch wide strip of the contrast fabric for the spine and just 2 rows of top sewing (although it doesn't really show up, I could have used a thread the same as the tan in the main fabric).

These have a hard covered spiral backed book which gives a much nicer finish. The others were soft covered, which just didn't have the same crisp finish.

It would also look good with a tan spine and a patterned main fabric. I think that style with a fabric suitable for a travel journal would look great. Or, what about an Australian design, either Aboriginal or Australian flora or fauna. What about Prints Charming, or Amy Butler, or........... The possibilities are endless. The only problem is I don't know what I'd do with them all. You can only use so many and not everyone would appreciate them as a gift. I'd better not get too carried away.

Mick found the book on bobbins, so he has been having fun identifying all the different styles. I'll have to have a bit of a look too.

1 comment:

loulee said...

It's very satifying making these quick projects, I enjoy them too.