Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Late Gift and Forgotten Photos

I was just a tad late in sending Loulee her Christmas gift and there was no way it was going to make it for the big day.  It did, however, take quite a bit longer to arrive than I expected. 

I made another shoe bag from Anni’s latest book.  I think Loulee should be able to find an opportunity to make use of it. I also sent over a quilty calendar, but forgot to take a piccie before I posted it, so you will just have to pop over and visit Loulee.  Her kitchen smells devine at the moment.

December 2011 022

While I was hunting out the photo, I discovered some other piccies that in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas I forgot to share.

Firstly, we have had some visitors to our raspberry bushes – sulphur crested cockatoos.  Not the best photo, but you can’t get very close to them.  They did leave some berries for us.

December 2011 001

Then, a week before Christmas we had a storm go through.  This was the view to the north east from our house.

December 2011 002

I think this is the brightest  rainbow we’ve ever seen.  It just glowed.

December 2011 007

Then, when we looked the other way from the back verandah, towards the south west, this is what we saw. Just spectacular.

December 2011 017

What you can’t see above is what was on the ground.  The next photo is exactly the same, except with the camera focussed on the ground, not the sky. So totally different (and  with a rather weird, over exposed effect).

See the two roos sitting watching me.  You will have to zoom in.  I love to see them around.

December 2011 016

We were so lucky to be home to see the wonders of nature after the storm.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely colours you used to make Loulee's gift. I am sure she was pleased and well worth the wait.
OH those Cookatoos are so distructive. In twon they distroy all the tree on the main street.
Gorgeous rainbow and storm photos.
Yes I see the roos.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely present for Loulee........love the 2nd last pic.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos Janice...and the bag looks fantastic...

Bec said...

Gorgeous shoe bag for Loulee...such pretty fabrics you used.

Jewells said...

Your shoe bags are so cute.. there are some lovely patterns out there!

Melody said...

Gorgeous photos and I love that shoe bag.