Friday 27 December 2013

What Lovely Gifts

One of the highlights of Christmas day is receiving lovely handmade gifts. This year I once again joined in Chooky’s Secret Santa Christmas Swap and was thrilled with the gift that came across the ditch from Lyn.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 012

She couldn’t have chosen anything better.  I love table runners and had only commented to Mick the day before that I needed another Christmas table runner.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 011

Lyn must by psychic.

The fabric is great, Christmassy, but not too much so, if you get my drift.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 013

Thanks Lyn and thanks Chooky and Googy Girl for getting us all organised.

The other lovely gift I received came in the post from Lou on the Isle of Man.  It was a brown paper package tied up with string and I forgot to take a photo of it.  I was hoping it may be filled with my favourite things……..OK, enough of the corney jokes.

Well, it was!

Inside was a little box.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 005

This is what was in the box.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 006

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 007

But there’s more……..

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 010

Lots of my favourite things……buttons, and more buttons, ribbon, a little cross stitch kit, scissors, a seam ripper, poppy thimble and poppy day badge.  It was amazing how much she fitted into the box.  It was loads of fun opening it all.  Thanks so much Lou.

While I’m at it, I’ll show you a couple of my special decorations that are new this year.

Firstly the little wreath from Lou’s box of goodies.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 002

Then the bauble she made from Christmas cards.  A great way of upcycling and pretty to boot.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 004

I bought this little birdy when I was visiting Lou earlier this year.  There are  couple of rather tasty shops just up the road from where she lives.  I have a feeling that some of my gifties came from one of them.)

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 003

I’ve saved the best till last.  This was a gift from Lou when we visited her earlier in the year. It is just gorgeous. A truly beautiful interpretation of the Legs of Man.

Christmas Gifts Dec 2013 001

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Janice,
thank you so much for your lovely gifts. I really love your handmade table runner. And how good to live so close at Anni Down. I love her books and patterns. It's really bad X-mas weather, just rain and storm. I wish you and alle your love ones a fantastic 2014. with hughs from the Netherlands, Caro

Fiona said...

Fun goodies ...
Hugz

Susan said...

Lovely gifts Janice. I agree about the table runner, Christmassy, but not out of place for the rest of the year.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots of wonderful gifts...

Chookyblue...... said...

great gifts from Lyn...I just need to finish my 5th one of those designs this Christmas..........it's a great size...........
thanks for being part of the SSCS 2013.......