Friday 17 January 2014

Shock! Horror! I Made Bread!

I’m the first to admit I’m not very creative in the kitchen, so when Lucy at Attic 24 posted about the very easy Artisan Bread that she made I thought I might give it a go.  She often shares great, easy recipes.  Then I saw that Susan at Thimblestitch had successfully made a loaf, so that inspired me to buy some yeast.

Yeast!  As soon as I see it mentioned in a recipe, I move on.  I’ve tried hot cross buns a couple of times and they weren’t good.

Here it is.

January 2014 Australia Day Swap 005

Saturday 3.30pm

January 2014 Australia Day Swap 008

Sunday 7.00am

January 2014 Australia Day Swap 010

Sunday 8.00am

January 2014 Australia Day Swap 011

It was OK, very easy, but I kind of rushed everything and didn’t measure all that accurately.  I think my mix was probably a little dry. Also, you use a very hot oven, but I think mine was actually too hot.  It was definitely edible and good with lots of butter.  I will certainly have another go, but when it is soup weather, not in the middle of a heat wave.

3 comments:

loulee said...

Looks good. There is a bread recipe out there which uses beer in place of yeast, that is very nice.

Susan said...

Well done Janice. This recipe surprised me too, it was really easy. Roll on winter so we can bake some more!

Chookyblue...... said...

looks alright from here..........must give it ago.......