Monday 26 March 2012

Pincushion Swap for Nundle

By the time you read this our weekend at Nundle will be over and we will be on our way to Mildura for Mick’s share of our trip – the Ulysses AGM, where thousands of motorcyclists will be camping at a week long rally.

As we won’t be home before the end of the month I thought I’d better share the pincushion I made for the swap at Nundle so that it can be included in OPAM.

I haven’t done a great deal of English paper piecing and never diamonds, so I’m quite pleased with the way it turned out.

I used some nice fresh fabrics and had an attempt at fussy cutting.

March 2012 001

March 2012 002

I even found a button to match the unusual colours. 

Ta Da!

Rubbish photos unfortunately, as they were taken at night, as usual.

001

002

It was a good piece to play with.

12 comments:

Deb R said...

Ohhh tis lovely, I didnt see that one on the day...I did a sneak around to see who had mine ..
have a lovely holiday :)

Cardygirl said...

Looks great...have a great trip with your lovely husband!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely pincushion.........have a wonderful time away.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the pincushion Janice you did a fantastic job, someone was very lucky.....have fun away, keep safe..

Melody said...

Absolutely fabulous pincushion.

Anita said...

What a gorgeous pincushion!!! Have a great time away!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Janice. Love the colours and matching you have done :)

Sandi said...

Very nice indeed! A good size too!

Bec said...

Gorgeous! Such lovely bright fresh colours, love it! and it looks pretty easy to piece too, unlike what I heard about the apple core pincushions.......LOL.

Chocolate Cat said...

Great pincushion, wish my apple core one had been as successful!!! Lovely meeting you in person at Nundle. Wondered if you were at the same motel as us sunday night, we got to Narandarra?

Patchwork Mill, Maria said...

Dear Janice,

This pinchusion is beautiful!

And I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award - http://patchworkmill.blogspot.com/2012/04/blogs-in-world-and-my-adorable-award.html
Of course you don’t have to nominate other blogs, but I wanted to express it with this that I really like your blog and would like others to get to know it as well!

Anonymous said...

fantastic pin cushion well done.xx