Monday 7 January 2013

Stitch-a-Long 2013

Chookyblue is once again co-coordinating a stitch-a-long, this time with smaller projects.

SAL 2013 Blog logo

Of course I had to join in.

January’s projects are a thread catcher from Red Home and a shoe bag from Some Kind of Wonderful.  I’ve made a couple of the shoe bags as gifts and I’m looking forward to making one for myself.

Anyway, the thread catcher was a great little introductions to the year’s stitching – nice and quick and easy.  It took under an hour, which including unpacking the sewing machine and all my bits and bobs that had been packed away for Christmas and deciding what fabric to use.

January 2013 Birds and Thread Catcher 003

The Parisian fabric fitted the bill nicely, and it is already in use by my machine.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Very snazzy little thread catcher. I think I will need more than one.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Loving your fabric choice!
Lisa

Deb R said...

Ive signed up too, just need to get to the sewing room lol, love your fabric basket...your fabric is so cheery!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very nice Janice

Maria said...

Oh what fun to send your beautiful gifts to Iceland...
Love your thread catcher....

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome to the SAL........love your thread catcher.....very cute.....

Anonymous said...

Loving your Thread Catcher Janice.