Thursday 28 December 2017

Last Minute Christmas Stitching

This year I didn't get stressed by the lead up to Christmas, but that isn't saying that there wasn't a little last minute stitching.

Last year I made Mum a Christmas place mat and at the time said that I should make some for us.


So, just a couple of days before Christmas I pulled out some fabrics from the stash and made a couple of quick place mats and coasters. They'll do the job.

The other project was for Mum.


She has been lamenting that she needed a set of cutlery for eating a piece of fruit or something, so I pulled out some fabric from the stash and made her a little pouch to keep some in.  The lining is a tana lawn floral in similar colours.  Something so simple, but greatly appreciated.  Win.

I'm currently working....slowly.... at sewing the binding on my drunkard's path quilt.  This has been taking forever.  It is just so big, at 96 inches square.  Two sides to go.  I'm doing it in dribs and drabs in front of the cricket.  Hopefully I will finish it this year.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Nice little projects Janis