Thursday 31 January 2013

January’s Finishes

This year I have once again joined Peg and Kris in One Project A Month.  It is the best thing to keep me stitching.

My January finishes have been my projects for Chooky’s Stitch-a-Long.

I shared my first thread catcher previously, but had to make a second.  The light weight pelon is definitely better for the size shown on the pattern.  When I saw these fabrics I thought they would work well together.  I’m really happy with how it turned out.

January 2013 OPAM & Stitch-a-long 002

I was happy that the shoe bag was on the project list.  I made two of these as Christmas gifts in 2011 and shared here and here.  At the time I stated that I should also make one for me, but it hadn’t happened.  Now I have one of my own.  On all of them I cheated by just putting a single fabric around the top, instead of the patchwork strip.

January 2013 OPAM & Stitch-a-long 001

So, here is my little collection. 

January 2013 OPAM & Stitch-a-long 003

I’ve made a small start on February’s project.  As you can see, I’ve decided to use blue for the colour.  It will be fun making the bag from fabrics in my stash.

January 2013 OPAM & Stitch-a-long 004

4 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely thread catchers, I really like the text fabric. Your bag will look good in blue

Anonymous said...

You are on a roll Janice, they all look great

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you have a shoe bag for yourself now.....lovely and I do like the thread catcher colours too.........lovely to catch up with you the other day.......

Deb R said...

Wow some great finishes, love the word fabric too!