Tuesday 31 May 2016

Can You Believe It - Another Finish

Chookyblue is having a Chookshed Birthday Party this coming weekend.  Of course I will have to join the virtual party.

I told Chooky what I intended to work on - binding a quilt.

On Sunday afternoon I decided to get a head start and attach the binding to the quilt by machine, ready to just do the hand stitching.


Then I decided I'd just make a bit of a start......and ended up stitching two sides of the quilt before my eyes decided they'd had enough and gave me a dizzy headache.

Now I started to think of another goal....

Yesterday I took the quilt to work and managed to stitch another side down during my lunch break.  You can see where this is going...... Today I stitched down the final side in my lunch break.

So.......Ta Da!

My Nature's Journey is finished.


I had the top finished in September, right on track.  My friend Val quilted it in October and it has taken me until now to finish it off.  I had cut out the binding from the same chocolate fabric as the inner border, but could only find half of it after our move.  I searched the stash and came up with a civil war reproduction brown and cream striped fabric, so decided to use it.  If anything it was a better fit for the border, the chocolate may have been too dark.....then of course I found the rest of the original fabric.  I'm glad I went with the stripe.  The only fabric I bought especially for this quilt was a wide back for the backing.  Everything else was from stash, and much was from scraps, not that it has made any impression in the mountain of fabric I have.

It is also my first finish for my new sewing room.  Got to be happy with that.

Now I will have to find something else to work on for the weekend.  I think there may be one or two projects lurking in there.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Your Natures Journey is beautiful Janice.... I really must sandwich and quilt mine....
Look forward to stitching along with you on the weekend...

Ali Honey said...

It's lovely . Finished is a great word when quilting. It's now usable.

Jenny said...

It's always great to reach the finishing line, isn't it. Congratulations - your quilt looks lovely.

Fiona said...

oh its gorgeous and well done for a finish... mine is still just a flimsy!!
Hugz

Susan said...

It's gorgeous. Love the stripey binding........you're on a roll!

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh Janice..........well done......so pleased to see your quilt finished..........it's just beautiful and a great quilt to christen the new sewing room with......

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful quilt!! You must love having your new sewing room.