Monday 14 December 2015

The SSCS Sleigh Has Landed

I know I have said it before, but Christmas wouldn’t be the same without Chookyblue’s Secret Santa Christmas Swap.

This year I sent my parcel off to the United States.  Carole was the recipient.  She has participated in every Swap.  What a trooper.


I won’t share the decoration until Carole has had a chance to share on her blog.

Now I received my gift all the way from Oddbjorg in Norway.


I have to be very strong and not open the main gift until Christmas Day.

In the meantime, we had to put up our Christmas tree.  Now, our main tree is too large for our current lounge room and we wanted something a bit bigger than our little table topper tree, so we went shopping.  Yes, I said “we”.  Mick even came along.  We looked at quite a few and finally settled on one that was not quite your usual traditional tree, but it is great for showcasing special decorations.  Love those twinkly lights built into the tree - no messy cords.  I also love the way the photo has made them sparkle.




There’s Oddbjorg’s decoration front and centre.

Thanks Oddbjorg.  I can’t wait till Christmas.

Thanks Chooky for organising us all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,oh I love your new decoration and also your new tree,I agree this is one awesome Xmas swap xx

loulee said...

Love that tree.
Maybe i should have swapped this year, that would have forced me into the sewing room.

Susan said...

I love Chooky's swap too, but the sleigh has not come to me yet. Your parcels both look very tempting, and the tree looks great with all the beautiful decorations.

Chookyblue...... said...

a lovely ornament from Oddbjorg........

Tracy said...

Great tree Janice. I didn't join any swaps this year so I'm missing all the fun. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Anthea said...

What a great tree Janice, it shows off the ornaments so well!

Rachaeldaisy said...

The presents, both the one you sent and the one you received look so lovely and festive. I love your modern sparkly tree, it really shows off the decorations.