Thursday 29 November 2012

Ta Da! – At Last

Finally, I have a completed Some Kind of Wonderful quilt to share.

November 2012 004

I finished it at a quarter to twelve the night before our blog meet last Saturday. There was no way I was going to front up without it being finished.

November 2012 006

I’ve really enjoyed making this quilt.  There was one stage in the middle of the year where I wondered if I would actually get it done, but then I had some time and got a wriggle on.

My friend Val did the quilting.  Lots of free hand feathers.

November 2012 009

She outlined the appliqué beautifully.

November 2012 020

I love the pesky petals now that they are all done.  Worth the effort.

November 2012 022

Look at all those feathers.

November 2012 016

I’m not sure which is my favourite block, but I am rather partial to the suitcase, which was the only block I tailored to suit me.  I just have to make sure that I do visit New Zealand in the not too distant future.

November 2012 024

Thanks Chooky for the inspiration and the occasional whipping.  I would never have attempted, let alone completed this quilt otherwise.

November 12 016

So the details are:

“My Favourite Things” designed by Anni Downs.

Completed as part of the Stitch-A-Long arranged by Chookyblue.

Started on Boxing Day 2011. 

Completed 23 November 2012.

Appliquéd using machine blanket stitch.

Coloured fabrics from Anni’s shop as a kit, neutral fabrics from my stash.

Bamboo wadding.

Machine quilted by Val O’Shannessy.

November 2012 017

Oh, and it is a bit more significant than a bib for OPAM.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Done on your Finish your SKOW Quilt is Lovely..the quilting really shows up the blocks.
Cheers

Susan said...

It's gorgeous Janice. Beautiful fabrics, and the quilting complements it really well. Congratulations. I'm so glad I got to see it in person last week.

Fiona said...

Just seen it on SAL and it is lovely to see the detail... great job on the stitching and the quilting is perfect too...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh my....that is just so stunning well done Janice....

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Janice, its scrumdiddlyumptious!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful Janice :) you should be very proud

Deb R said...

It is gorgeous, a lovely completion to the year.

loulee said...

Fantastic finish. You had better visit NZ!! Good to see the IOM on there too. :-)