Sunday 28 June 2015

Finishing a UFO For June

I have quite a collection of UFOs.  I keep saying that I will do something about them, but it never seems to happen, despite my best intentions.

Well, after I purchased that skein of rather lovely yarn recently I thought I had better finish the scarf I had on the needles.

This was started quite a few years ago now.  Initially, I just knitted it in garter stitch, but wasn’t really happy with it.  Then I found a pattern that I liked the look of, so simply pulled the needles out of what I had started and commenced the new pattern on the second ball of yarn that I had.

I didn’t get very far………..

It has languished in a box ever since……..

Until now……..

I looked at what I had on the needles now and knew that I wouldn’t finish it and even if I did, I wouldn’t wear it.  Fashions have moved on.  So, I turned my attention to the length of garter stitch knitting and picked up the stitches.

After a couple of evenings of knitting (great for while we were watching the first State of Origin footy game at Mick’s Dad’s) I had a nice long length.  I had a little read on Ravelry and discovered that somewhere about 54 inches was a good length for my needs. 

Next, sew it into a circle and I now have a nice, snuggly cowl to wear and don’t feel the slightest bit guilty about starting a new knitting project.

June 2015 011

I might make a start while watching the final of the State of Origin series.

Happy dance.

6 comments:

Susan said...

So many great patterns on Ravelry, good to have that one finished, I'm sure you'll be using it in Bathurst!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous xx

Jewells said...

Looks great... wish I could wear something like that, but it doesn't go with my double/triple chin!

loulee said...

Oooh! That looks cosy. :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

that will keep you nice and warm......going to be a cold week.........

Jenny said...

Good work Janis. Looks warm and cuddly.