Wednesday 18 April 2018

What's a Retreat Without a Swap

All retreats need to have a little swap.  The tradition that has grown with this group of bloggers is "Make it, bake it or fake it".  This time we dropped the bake it section, so just "Make it or fake it".

For once I had a chance to make something.






It is a Goody Goody Binding Kit.  I made one for myself a while ago and use it all the time.  I've had the stitchery sitting around for a while.  I loved stitching it, but in the end it didn't match what it was intended for at the time, so I remade it in another colour ways.  It works perfectly on this project.


I received this lovely gift from Lynda.  The gift was wrapped in the cute grey text fabric by Helen Stubbings.  Perfect for the little collection of greys I am gathering.  The fabric on the card isn't showing well, but it is a lovely Japanese fabric with sea horses on it. Finally, the scissors.  I started using them on retreat and they are so nice and smooth to use.  I think they will live in my sewing steamer basket by my chair, which doesn't have a special pair as yet.  A very nice gift pack to receive.

5 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Your binding kit is lovely so I’m sure your swap partner was thrilled!

Maria said...

Lovely binding kit and you received great gifts from Lynda.

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased everyone joined in the swap........great gift you made.......

Gail said...

Cute! I love the binding kits butterfly!
Lucky you to receive something so nice!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I so love that binding kit....beautiful. Lovely swap x