Thursday 28 December 2017

SSCS Received and Sent

Now that Christmas is over it is time to reveal what lovely gifts I received from Gail in Missouri USA in Chookyblue's Secret Santa Christmas Swap.   You can see the lovely ornament Gail made here.


Mick likes to take a photo of me opening the present. You can tell I was happy.


Wow! What a lovely collection.  The main gift is a Christmas table runner, which is perfect, as I use lots of table runners at Christmas time.  


The other bits and bobs are great - a tape measure, note pad and pins from the famous Missouri Star Quilt Company, as well as a sewing machine bookmark and charm, which will go on one of my pairs of scissors.  I was intrigued by the fabric which depicts "Kokopelli", a Native American deity I had never heard of.  Thanks Gail for the fabric and the information you provided on the design.

So I was thrilled with what I received.  Thank you Gail. 

Now, to what I sent to Martine in France.


I had fun with the L'il Twister Ruler to make  a wreath table centre or mini quilt, whichever you like.  I also made some coordinating hexy coasters.  Add a Hatched and Patched pattern, (as I had an inkling that Martine liked her style), a little notebook and pen and a scented sachet.  I think she liked it.  Happy dance.

And, of course, thanks to Chooky, with Denise's assistance, for pulling it all together once again. It really is a special part of Christmas.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely gifts both received and sent. And what a lovely photo of you, looking so happy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice what wonderful gifts both sent and received,Chooky s swap is so much fun,love your new table runner 💋

Maria said...

you received a lovely parcel of goodies from Gail and sent Martine some beautiful gifts too.

Bizzy Martine said...

Lovely presents!!!

Anthea said...

Beautiful SSCS items there Janice... it's such a great swap!

Leratdesfils said...

A huge thank you Janice for the beautiful presents.
I love the big table runner, it is gorgeous.

The coasters are really uncommon. I had seen square ones of course but never eight-sided ones. Together they are a great match.
I will post an article as soon as I am back home. I am away for a few days.
Hope you have a great New Year's Eve and a great year 2018, full of projects and of beautiful travels.
I also wish you haelth and peace.
Thanks again.

Jenny said...

The gifts given and received are lovely and its so nice to receive something a little cultural like the Indian fabric.