Sunday 31 May 2015

Playing

I continued to party along with Chookyblue and all the other girls today.  My friend Anne came over to join in the fun.

Anne worked on some wonky stars that she is making for a quilt.


Meanwhile I was fiddling around with fabric scraps for the applique on this month's Nature's Journey blocks.

I showed Anne a little fabric basket I had made  couple of weeks ago using a tutorial by Lisa from A Spoonful of Sugar.  Anne had seen it too, so she made one while here.  They are so quick and easy.  Then we both made a hexagonal version that Lisa had shared the pattern for.


What a difference the fabrics make.  Mine are the ditsy ones at the front, whereas Anne used brighter fabrics.


Mick thought it was a pointless exercise when I made the pink one. It took maybe a quarter of an hour to make and that included fiddling around selecting a fabric and finding a scrap of wadding.

 Not only are they cute, I think they will be handy. 


I have already found a use for the hexy version.  Perfect for holding the hexies for a grandmother's garden block together with the thread while stitching away on the lounge.

I didn't get any more done on by Nature's Journey blocks until later, when I worked away until they were all finished. Boy, were my eyes hanging out by then.



I'm pleased with the way they are turning out.

I've enjoyed playing along with the Chook Shed Party.  I hope everyone else has too.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

I love all the little bowls...
Hugz

Susan said...

I think your baskets are very cute and useful. A productive afternoon. Your new header and layout look great.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Love your little fabric bowls and your NJ blocks are very pretty. NIce applique and wonderful color combinations. You accomplished a lot at Chooky's party.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your fabric baskets. Thanks like that are so handy for all sorts of things. I think Mick wants the pink one for his birthday. Well done on keeping up with the Natures Journey blocks, it seems to be moving at a fast pace, that's the good thing about sew alongsi.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your little fabric trays look amazing!

Chookyblue...... said...

you and Anne had a lovely day........NJ blocks look great too.........we forgot to make the butterflies this weekend........